· 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
· 1 small yellow onion, chopped
· 1/2 cup bread crumbs
· 1 egg, beaten
· 1 cup grated Parmesan
· 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
· 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
· 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
· kosher salt and pepper
· Heat oven to 400° F.
· Combine the turkey, onion, bread crumbs, egg, Parmesan, 2 tablespoons of the mustard, the parsley, red peppers, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
· Shape the meat into an 8-inch loaf and place in a baking dish. (See Tip, below.)
· Bake until no trace of pink remains (internal temperature should be 165° F), about 45 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
· Quick Tip: A loaf pan isn't the best choice for meat loaf. Use a large pan with 1 1/2- to 2-inch sides, or a 7-by-11-inch baking dish instead.
Shared by: Amy Hollander, Frisco, TX
Recipe Source: too frazzled to remember