Monday, October 12, 2009

Scrambled Eggs and Rice

(Serves 4 kids ages 4 to 5)
7 Eggs
2 Cups Cooked Rice
3 TB Butter (I use Country Crock Churn Style)
1/2 t Cracked Pepper1 t
Salt

Beat the eggs thoroughly with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in anon-stick pan over medium high heat. Pour the egg mixture into the pan andlet cook for approximately 30 seconds or until it starts to bubble then stirwith spatula and repeat until 1/2 liquid and half coagulated. Add rice andbreak it up by scrambling with the eggs. Turn down heat to medium andcontinue to scramble until cooked to desired doneness.

Most kids will absolutely LOVE this recipe. I grew up on it and enjoy it tothis day! Yeah, I'm a frazzled dad, but I love to cook and I like to thinkI am pretty good at it. You can adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.

Shared by: Eric Smith, Shawnee, KS
Recipe Source: Family recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment